The second most commonly used medical system in the world, homeopathy has gained much popularity in the United States for the last 10 years. This alternative to traditional medicine is founded on the principle called “like cures like,” which means that an illness can be cured with a low dose of substance that produces similar symptoms to healthy individuals.
The success of homeopathic medicine over the years can be attributed to the many advantages that it offers. On the other hand, some people cast doubts on the effectiveness of this therapeutic system. Are you considering homeopathic treatment to cure your disease? It’s best to know the pros and cons of using this alternative medical system.
1. Homeopathic medicine is 100% safe. There are no side effects when you use this therapeutic method of treating an illness. Even pregnant women and babies can take homeopathic remedies without fear of getting side effects. These remedies can be taken safely with other medications. Because homeopathic remedies are prepared using only natural substances, you can be sure that it won’t harm your health.
2. It is very effective. As long as the right remedy is taken and the prescribed diet and diet changes are followed, one can expect quick, complete, and long-term results.
3. It is easy to take. Parents would be glad to know that homeopathic medications can be easily administered even to children who dislike bitter medicines. Most medications come in sweet drops, tiny tablets, or powders.
4. It is not addictive. Once you feel relief after taking the remedy, then you must stop taking it. However, if you felt no relief, then you might be taking the wrong remedy.
5. It does not suppress the immune system. This is a big advantage since most traditional medications work by suppressing the body’s immune defenses. For instance, cough medications suppress your cough reflex, which is the body’s mechanism to clear the lungs.
6. It is holistic. Because it considers all symptoms as one, it zeroes in on the cause instead of the symptoms of a disease. Thus, with homeopathic treatments, symptoms will never occur again.
1. The right remedy may not be available at any pharmacy. The great number of remedies used in homeopathic medicine may pose availability problems. That means the correct medication may be difficult to get from a drug store, especially if it is not so commonly used.
2. Finding out the right remedy takes a bit longer than traditional medicine. This is because there is no single remedy for a certain disease or medical condition-the remedy has to match the symptoms unique to a person. The factors that homeopaths look into, say a headache, include the type of pain, the situation where it occurs, and the things that worsen the pain.
3. Although there are many homeopathic practitioners, only a few are experts on the field. Researches are few and far in between as well.
Deciding whether to adopt homeopathy as your way to prevent and cure diseases can be a tricky one. But since it is safe, why not give it a shot?